Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Olivia Capri Winters {Newborn}

Olivia Capri Winters {Newborn}








Olivia came a little over two weeks early on May 17th at 10:34pm. She weighed 6 pounds and 15 ounces. I was in otter shock that the feisty little kicker in my belly was such a sweet endearing little girl. She is perfect in every way. 

Her first month with us seems like such a blur. It was full of exhaustion, doctor appointments, and tons of cluster feeding. Looking back on it, I feel like I was totally unprepared. I should have taken classes, read some books, done something to better prepare me for the utter shock of caring for a tiny human 24/7. Olivia was cluster feeding around the clock, but surprising sleeping well at night. I remember she was less than two weeks old and waking up once at night, and sleeping through the night at just a month old. But she napped horribly throughout the day, and was pretty colicky towards the end of the first month. Yet, she was so beautiful and happy. She smiled constantly and was learning to laugh. It was the sweetest sound ever. Erik and I were actually able to a lot together despite having a newborn, which was so dumb on my part. We took her out way more than we ever go out now. I am forgetting how incredibly hot it was in our house though, so that is probably why we were constantly trying to get out and into some air conditioning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment