Tuesday, January 10, 2012

first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage...


At least that is how I think that grade school taunt goes... been a long time since I heard it. But that is right folks, we are having a baby, totally old news by now but good news nonetheless! Our little surprise has turned into my biggest blessing, and I haven't even met the little one yet. I am past the half way mark now, down to 138 days to go to be exact! My pregnancy has been awesome. I am one of those weirdos who absolutely loves being pregnant. I have not had a completely pain free pregnancy either. I hugged the porcelain king many a times. I learned that grapefruit is the best thing to throw up because it tastes the exact same coming up as it did going down - so I went through a couple pounds of those, actually more like 20 pounds! but who's counting, right? I also have had to deal with severe carpal tunnel syndrome, but eh! so I can't feel my hands 80% of the time, whatev! Most importantly I have had the absolute joy of feeling my baby, my sweet child, move! I felt flutters very early on for a first time mom, and the little booger has not stopped kicking me since about 18 weeks. And. I. love. every. single. nudge. and kick! I do not think there could be anything more amazing than feeling life itself within me. "Sweet, screaming, pooping life!"(Name the movie... anyone?!) Oh and by the way, we are not going to be finding out the sex of the baby, so yes, it will be referred to as a he, or she, or it! and no you can not talk me into finding out! I refuse :)


In all seriousness though, I simply can not wait to lock eyes with this baby for the very first time, to hold and touch their sweet little fingers and toes and chubby little thighs. I am so in love with this little stranger already, I can not imagine how much more that love will grow when we finally meet face to face. Erik is also stoked to be a daddy! He is going to be an amazing father. Erik is so unbelievably good to me, I don't know how I got so lucky. I love the block head and am so excited to raise his child (inside joke)! God has brought us so far from in the last eight years. Our story all started May 28, 2004 when Erik asked me if I would go to a movie with him, little did we know then that May 28, 2012 would be the due date of our first child!

No comments:

Post a Comment